The SOAR ALP Scholarship is funded from a generous gift by Mr Ivan Neo, SAC Chairman and Alumni of Changkat Changi Secondary School (CCSS).
The scholarship is aimed at motivating deserving Changkateers and recognising the multi-faceted achievements of Changkateers to strengthen the learning culture in the school. The award could also draw in DSA (Direct School Admission) applicants with an excellent track record in STEM at the primary school level.
1.Eligibility Criteria for the SOAR ALP Scholarship
Any Secondary 1-3, or 4NA CCSS student who fulfils the criteria and is shortlisted by the Interview panel following the EOY SA2 Exams.
3 scholarships will be awarded in the following academic year during Speech Day, to one student who would have progressed to Secondary 2, Secondary 3 and Secondary 4/5 respectively.
(i) Excellent academic and/or competition results
Attained top academic positions in the Express, Normal Academic or Normal Technical Stream OR outstanding results in national/international competitions related to aerospace/aviation/STEM based field
(ii) Good display of R3ICH values
Has exemplary conduct and demonstrates the school’s R3ICH values endorsed by the Form Teacher and at least 2 other teachers, one of whom must be the student’s Applied Learning Programme (ALP)/STEM teacher who would be in the best position to assess the student’s attitude and aptitude during ALP/STEM lessons;
(iii) Consistently good leadership or co-curricular activities records
Holds any leadership position in class, CCA or school. Real-world problems in today’s context are complex and demand collaborative innovation. We expect the scholars to be capable of being both a leader and player in a team;
(iv) Strong Interest and Passion in Aerospace/Aviation
Observable passion and interest in aerospace/aviation OR STEM-based field (as evident from their VIA commitment, participation in enrichment activities etc.).
 Including internal and external academic awards that are recognised by the school
 E.g robotics, computing, design, health sciences)
2. Application and Selection Process
· Students may apply for the scholarship by filling in the scholarship application form available from the school’s General Office after the release of EOY SA2 results. The form is also available here.
· Alternatively, teachers may also nominate students by completing and submitting the application form.
· Records in support of his or her achievements declared in the application form (in particular, achievements at competitions or events that are not promoted through the school)
· Personal Statement based on the question given in the application form (question may change on a yearly basis)
· All application forms must be submitted to the General Office no later than end of October of the academic year.
· Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview conducted by selection panel comprising School Leaders, Key Personnel and SAC member(s).
· The selected candidates will be endorsed by the School Advisory Committee.
Number of Scholarships and Value
Scholarships will be open to any Secondary 1-3, or 4NA CCSS student who fulfils the criteria and is shortlisted by the Interview panel following the EOY SA2 Exams.
3 scholarships will be awarded in the following academic year, to one student who would have progressed to Secondary 2, Secondary 3 and Secondary 4/5 respectively.
Scholars who received the award for outstanding achievements in STEM-related fields are encouraged to continue pursuing for excellence in that field for the duration of his or her studies in CCSS.
Award is subject to continued good performance of the candidate in the school, whether in academic examinations or in conduct.