Sec 1 (2023) Registration
Dear Secondary 1 Changkateers and Parents/Guardians,
A warm welcome to the Changkat family!
You will begin your new learning adventure with us soon and we are excited to get to know you. Your teachers have been thoughtfully planning Kickstart, your Orientation programme when school reopens, so that your transition to secondary school life will be a positive experience. We are confident that Changkat Changi will be a place where you will have opportunities to discover your unique strengths and interests, and develop these into talents driven by your passion to learn, serve and succeed.
We look forward to welcoming you in person in 2023!
With warmest regards,
Mr Ho Ming Da
Changkat Changi Secondary School
[A] Briefing to Secondary 1 Changkateers and Parents/Guardians
- There is no requirement for students to report physically to school for registration.
- There is an important Zoom briefing for all Secondary 1 Changkateers and parents/guardians on 22 December 2022 (Thu), from 9 AM to 10 AM. The Zoom room will be open at 8:45 AM. You can join the Zoom briefing here.
- The Pass Code will be sent to you via Parents Gateway on 21 December 2022.
- Please call the school’s General Office at 6785 9790 for assistance if you do not receive the Zoom details by 21 December 2022 (Wed), 4 PM.
|[B] Online e-Registration Form||[C] Appeals|
|Please access the online e-registration form by clicking here or scanning the QR code below:||For appeal into Changkat Changi Secondary School, please fill up the online form by clicking here or scanning the QR code below:|
|Please complete the form by 27 December 2022 (Wed), 5 PM.||The deadline for the submission of appeals is on 27 December 2022, 5 PM. Late submission will not be allowed.|
[D] Purchase of School Books and Uniform
1. School Books and Supplies
There are 3 modes of purchase for school books, supplies and name tags.
Online purchase & delivery
Online purchase & self-collection at school bookshop
Walk-in purchase at school bookshop (22 Dec, 23 Dec, 27 Dec, 28 Dec and 29 Dec, 9 AM to 4 PM on these 5 days)
For more details on the purchase of school books and Sec 1 booklists, please click here.
2. School Uniform
There are 4 modes of purchase for school uniform.
- Online purchase & delivery
- Online purchase & self-collection at retail store
- Walk-in purchase at retail store (Opens daily in December from 10 AM to 7 PM, including Sundays and Public Holidays)
- Walk-in purchase at Changkat Changi Secondary School (22 Dec, 23 Dec, 27 Dec and 28 Dec, 9 AM to 3 PM on these 4 days)
Students are expected to report to school in uniform, white shoes, and white socks every day. They will change into their PE T-shirts and shorts before PE lessons and back into their uniform after PE lessons. Students are encouraged to buy at least 2 sets of uniforms, 2 sets of PE attire and a school tie each.
For more details on the purchase of uniform, please click here.
[E] Information for Students and Parents/Guardians
1. Instructions for reporting on the first day of school (3 January 2023, Tuesday)
- Students are supposed to report to the school by 7.50 AM. Please arrive at least 10 mins earlier.
- Students are to bring their water bottle, snacks, writing materials and school tie. A digital thermometer will be provided to every student on the first day.
- There will be a 40 min recess and 10 min snack break on the first date. A simple recess meal which includes a burger/plate of noodles, and a drink will cost at least $3.50.
- Students will be dismissed at 2.10 PM on 3 January 2023.
2. PE/House T-shirt
- There are 4 houses in Changkat Changi Secondary School and every student will be a member of a house.
- Students’ PE T-shirts will be in the colour of the house that they are in. However, please select “Changkat Changi Secondary School - PE T-Shirt (For Secondary 1 Only)” when making the purchase.
- You do not need to choose the colour as the school will sort out the PE T-shirts and issue them to students in the first week of school.
- Students may wear their Primary School PE T-shirt for PE lessons in the first week of school.
3. Kickstart – Sec 1 Orientation Day, CCA Orientation and Parents’ Briefing, Cohort Camp (3D2N Outdoor Adventure Learning)
Kickstart 2023 which includes Sec 1 Orientation, CCA Orientation and 3D2N Cohort Camp, aims to allow our Secondary 1 Changkateers to have a meaning and fun transition. Please click on this link for more information.
4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please click on this link for the set of FAQs on the following areas:
- Start of School Matters
- HMT/Third Language/Subject-based Banding (SBB)/MT-related Matters
- Student Development and Well-Being Matters
- Appeal Matters
5. Parents Gateway
- Our school regularly shares information with parents through Parents Gateway (PG). Please download the Parents Gateway Mobile App to start receiving information and providing consent for your child’s school matters.
- For the step-by-step guide to onboard Parents Gateway, click here.
- For the FAQ regarding Parents Gateway, click here.
[F] Information for students under MOE Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)
1. Students with MOE FAS approval by Primary School:
- Please email a copy of the approval letter and documents to us at email@example.com.
- You should only place your order for purchase of books and uniform after the submission of the approval letter.
- Please bring along the MOE FAS approval letter when purchasing your books and uniforms.
2. New MOE FAS applicants:
- Please click here to complete the MOE FAS online application form.
- You should only place your order for books and uniform after your application has been approved.
3. Additional Points to Note:
Families with more than 5 children in government and government-aided schools. Please call the school’s General Office at 6785 9790 for assistance.