Head of Department: Mr Ong Khim Ghee Samuel
Subject Head: Mr Chia Heok Meng
ART Coordinator: Mdm Angeline Neo Swee Ting
NFS Coordinator: Mdm Siti Zubaidah Binte Ismail
Mr Han Ban Siew Sean
Mr Sng Fook Chong
Mr Unais bin Yusof
Mr Tan Boon Lee
Mdm Angeline Neo Swee Ting
Mr Soo Sheng Lih
Mdm Shahnaz D/O Sheik Abdul Karim
Mdm Linda Yap
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY (D&T)
The D&T unit aims to prepare students to participate in tomorrow’s rapidly changing world by creating opportunities for students to think creatively through the design process in designing and making. We structure our curriculum to promote thinking and tinkering to develop solutions.
We endeavour to make meaning of students’ learning in design process via design-and-make projects and equip our students with real world skills.
- Soldering practices and learning of electronics components and circuitry.
- Research that includes testing new ideas through the making of prototypes.
- Collaboration with ALP in the fabrication of model planes
- Use of Google SketchUp in Upper Secondary for visualization and coursework
The Art Unit aims to develop students’ visual literacy and collaborative skills through meaningful art and design project works. The CCSS Art Framework is designed to equip every child with the skills to perceive, communicate and appreciate the Arts.
Aligning the syllabus with the MOE guidelines, MOE Art Unit Inquiry Model, 21st century competencies and Changkateer Graduate Outcomes, the Art curriculum aims to equip students with the skills and disposition to apply in their art works and national examinations, and develop skills needed for the world beyond school.
Art Department Website: http://ccssart.weebly.com/
- Lower Secondary career themed projects (Product designer, Animinator/Character designer, Photographer, Fine Artist etc.)
- Art Talent Development Programme
- Artist talk by local artists and designers
- Digital Illustration/Animation/Digital drawings on iPad
- Adobe Photoshop modules
- Museum-based learning and field trips
- Experiential learning outside classroom
NUTRITION AND FOOD SCIENCE (NFS)
Food and Consumer Education (Lower secondary)
The lower secondary curriculum is designed with the social and economic landscape of Singapore in mind, considering new lifestyles and consumer trends of which the knowledge, skills and attitudes required of young learners can be linked to health and financial management.
Food and Nutrition (Upper secondary)
The upper secondary curriculum aims to equip students with relevant 21st century competencies to thrive in a future driven by globalisation and technological advancements especially in promoting health consciousness. Students will learn to think critically about issues on food, health and nutrition, approach problems with creative solutions, and make decisions based on sound judgement and logical reasoning.
- Collaboration with ALP (Applied Learning Programme) for Secondary 2 Food and Consumer Education coursework
- Integrating coursework skills to both Lower and Upper secondary syllabuses
- Experiential learning based on Food Science experiments
- Resources for self-directed learning on Student Learning Space for Food and Consumer Education and Food and Nutrition